Senior Marketing Manager
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to be part of the AMX Marketing and Communications team, working with the Head of Marketing and Communications, Senior Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing Lead and Sales & Marketing Associate, in the development and implementation of the marketing strategy as well as promoting programmes and tactics for AMX.
This role will be instrumental in developing the marketing communications to help AMX achieve our vision and our business goals. The role holder will be a key day-to-day point of contact with the business on matters relating to marketing and communications. Therefore, they will need to develop strong working relationships with stakeholders, develop a good understanding of the business and maintain regular communication to ensure marketing is providing the right support.
The scope of the role includes both traditional and digital marketing, from design to copy to production. Key areas of this role include creating content and collateral to hold up business channels and building and running campaigns to promote the content.
- Work with Head of Marketing and Communications to develop strategy and actionable marketing plans
- Work with key stakeholders, especially business and sales managers, and product to develop client-focused content and campaigns to support business and revenue growth priorities
- Leverage both offline and online channels to raise brand awareness, generates and increase client engagement.
- Measure and provide reports on content and campaign performance, gain insights and assess against business goals
- Provide informed advice and guidance to key stakeholders on the most appropriate marketing and communication programmes including research, competitor analysis, digital marketing (including social media), event marketing, thought leadership and investment in third-party party initiatives
- Work with the business to understand and evaluate the appropriate events to allow us to target clients and prospects. Manage and execute the event plans from sponsored and proprietary events and webinars
- Promote the marketing function on other activities such as brand, budget setting and management, internal communications and strategy and planning
- Manage the successful execution of all activities against agreed KPI’s to measure impact and effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the AMX business as well as broader investment industry.
- Awareness of the competitive environment and how marketing strategy and plans are positioned within this to help differentiate AMX
- Act as one of the primary day-to-day points of contact for marketing and specifically with your channel leads, communicate effectively with marketing and business stakeholders, lead on content and campaign planning discussions and take responsibility for the effective delivery of agreed activity
- Work with the Head of Marketing and Communications on the identification and development of content to support the ongoing marketing and communications programme that will ensure AMX remains present and active in the marketing and in front of clients/prospects
- Work closely with business development colleagues to deliver integrated marketing and sales activities that supports lead generation and creates warm opportunities to have dialogue with clients
- Develop good working relationships and foster collaboration with:
- All colleagues across AMX
- Colleagues in Willis Towers Watson’s Investment, Risk & Reinsurance Marketing team, Communications, PR, Digital teams
- Build solid working relationships with external suppliers such as design agencies, event contractors, writers, PR.
- Contribute to the development and day-to-day management of the marketing budget
- Manage costs to ensure planned expenditure is met including reporting and analysis of marketing effectiveness and impact
- As required, effective management of marketing team members
- Hold the overall operational governance and decision-making processes for AMX and demonstrate the values.
- London-based with requirement to travel to other UK and European locations as required when appropriate.
- Conduct Risk: To put the interests of clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way you do business
- Strong marketing experience (10 years +) including content creation and campaign management
- Experience marketing financial services to asset owners, asset managers, or insurance companies.
- Experience of HubSpot and CRM (e.g. Dynamics) an advantage
- Digital and social media experience an advantage
- Strong communications skills, self-motivated and organised with ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects simultaneously, with the drive to deliver projects in a timely manner regardless of any obstacles and challenges
- A strong eye for detail and ability to think logically through projects as well as issues that arise during the process
- A collaborative team player who is flexible and adaptable across a range of tasks, able to forge relationships and credibility quickly and effectively
- Creative eye with the ability to create original concepts
- Hands-on problem solver suited to a small and growing business with a flat structure
- Ability to conceptualise and turn complex ideas into visuals that tell a compelling, engaging story
- Bachelor’s degree in business, ideally with a concentration in marketing