Onboarding and Transitions
Working alongside the Head of Client Service, as well as AMX Business Development colleagues, this role will focus on the timely onboarding and transition of new clients onto the AMX platform, including the co-ordination of existing clients into new funds. This role will involve close coordination with the Business Development team, as well as the other functional areas of AMX (Product, Operations, Legal, Technology and Compliance).
Key responsibilities include:
- Primarily responsible for the take-on process for pooled fund investors
- Proactively liaising with all parties both externally and internally to ensure a smooth and efficient transition process. This includes custodians, transition managers and client consultants
- Ensure that all aspects of the transition are appropriately actioned by departments internally, these include Business Development, Legal, Operations, and Compliance in addition to the relevant Investment Team, Product and Client Group – an understanding of the requirements, responsibilities and general processes of each of these teams, and how these can impact the transition process is vital.
- Liaise with AMX’s appointed Administrator(s) to arrange for the set-up of client portfolios and ensuring that the necessary linkages are in place from an operational perspective.
- Establish servicing and operating processes with the client’s appointed third party representatives.
- Responsible for sending regular, clear and detailed updates to the business with regards to the status of on-going transition activity.
- Conduct post-transition evaluation and hand-over meetings with the relevant departments internally.
- Set-up of client portfolios, internal funds and other records on AMX’s internal CRM systems.
- On-going maintenance of static information within AMX internal systems in relation to client portfolios and internal funds
This role will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to work within an innovative and growing business to help build a high quality, standardised and scaleable onboarding function, delivered through the AMX Platform. There will be rapid growth in take up of the AMX and our overall success will be influenced by our ability to service clients digitally and at scale.
- Establish verbal service level agreements with internal departments to ensure each department is clear on their responsibilities and expected deliverables.
- Remain fully appraised of AMX’s full Capability/Strategy range and be familiar with the firm’s response to any industry issues.
- An understanding of the commercial viability of each mandate in terms of client servicing and on-going reporting requirements.
- Ability to tackle unfamiliar challenges, questions and tasks with a proactive and thorough approach, whilst considering impact on the broader business.
- Training, self-development and examinations (where appropriate) are considered vital for the development within the role
Technical knowledge and experience:
- Degree educated or equivalent
- At least 10 years relevant industry experience.
- Client On-boarding / Operational Client Relationship Management (CRM) experience essential.
- Knowledge of the various aspects of client transitions, including operational processes, legal and regulatory risks, AML regulations, market risk, pooled vehicles and external transition managers.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Applies critical thinking and a problem solver.
- Team player, yet ability to work without supervision
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task, work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Able to manage relationships and expectations, both internally and externally, throughout transition process.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to achieve depth of learning and self-development within role