Investment Risk Manager
We are looking for an Investment Risk Manager to join our Investment Risk Team.
Reporting to AMX’s Head of Investment Risk, Steven Baker, you will be focused on investment risk oversight.
You will work closely with the Head of Investment Risk and with many others across the AMX business including the AMX Technology, Operations, Product and Business Development teams.
This will include:
- Risk analysis and strategy assessment
- Building out factor-model style analytics
- Daily monitoring of exposures and risks within limits and performing further investigation as needed
- Building relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally
- Communicating risk findings, abnormal exposures and limit breaches
- Supporting various reporting requirements, including Annex IV
- Ad hoc projects and analysis.
- Buy-side investment risk experience – market, credit, counterparty, liquidity, operational, etc.
- Genuine interest and a strong appetite for learning about all aspects of investment risk and asset management
- Previous experience using factor-models is highly desirable especially – MSCI BarraOne
- A proactive, task-oriented approach, and the ability to work collaboratively to investigate and solve issues with sustainable and robust solutions
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise multiple tasks, to successfully and independently meet deadlines and quickly understand and apply new subject matter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Mentor more junior members of the team
- Excel + VBA skills
- Some R or Python or Matlab coding ability (desirable)
- Bloomberg (desirable)
- Database experience (desirable).
In short, we are looking for someone with risk skills and experience, a positive attitude, who wants to learn and further their career in risk management and be an integral part of AMX.